Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Shoemated

I learned a new word last night: shoemated.

In case you're not familiar with what shoemated means, I'll explain in the context of what happened so you can better understand.

The human pet had gotten together with the neighbor lady, i.e., Ingrid, and her daughter, i.e., Kelly. The three of them had been sipping wine and enjoying the evening. They discussed the neighbor lady's new toy, a Trikke, and how it had been working out for her - which, truth be told, wasn't all that well.

The neighbor lady then proceeded to ask the human pet about her upcoming graduation from the University of St. Thomas. This led to a discussion of the pet's parents coming to visit, party plans that include a ladies-only poker night, and of course, what to wear for the graduation ceremony. That conversation then led into general clothes shopping and the neighbor lady's extraordinary style when it came to shoes.

Ingrid's feet have always been in Dansko, and my human pet has been drooling over a pair for ages. As it turns out, the neighbor lady had recently bought a pair of shoes, and she had not liked them. They did not fit her feet as well as she had hoped. Instead, she brought the shoes to the human pet and asked her to try them on so the pet could get an idea of what size she was in Dansko shoes.

The neighbor lady gave the human pet the pair of shoes since they fit so nicely.

The human pet in turn lost it, and by "lost it", I mean she screamed, she cried, she clawed at her chest, and she kept saying, "Oh my God," and "Are you serious?" over and over again.

And that's when I learned a new word thanks to Kelly as she watched the two ladies laugh:

"You two just shoemated!"

Apparently, shoemating is when one female homo sapien gives another female homo sapien a pair of really exotic and expensive shoes and expects nothing in return.

My only hope, though, is that someone will shoemate with me. Sigh... It sounds absolutely delightful, minus the shoe.

19 comments:

Tuck said...

Jen is laughing hysterically! She said shoemating is the best phrase ever!

Mack said...

I guess I will never figure these humans out! First off, why wear shoes at all?????

The Meezers or Billy said...

hahahahahaha. that could nefur happen to our the mom. her feets are HUGE. but shoemating does sound nice. Perhaps you could try one of the NEW Axe scents to see if they werk any better than the old ones.

The Creek Cats said...

Shoemated..... love it! Our mom wishes someone would shoemate with her!

Shaggy and Scout said...

Can't figure out what it is with human females and their shoes!
But, WOW did yours score!!!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

I am not sure I need to shoemate with anyone. After all I do not wear shoes...

Hilda said...

My human loves her Danskos too. Watch out for them when you are trying to trip your human though!

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

That is a very touching tale!!!

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Wow! Thai is a new word to me, too. Our Mom wares Croc's all day !

The Island Cats said...

That's great! We never knew that! Mom wishes she could get shoemated!

Jasmim said...

This word seems a little complicated. At least for me =x

Jas & Gi

Pinky Ash and Boo said...

That sounds very funny. We learned a new word too, thanks Zeus :)

Cory said...

We think that's a funny word...mom is laughing. She loves her Dansko's too, but hers are so old they are a mess...

Tigersan said...

shoemated... oh, me thought that had something to do with an old lady and a lot of kids :o

Good to know what it is... though for me, me would need to get shoemated twice :)

The Crew said...

It's so embarrassing when humans are out of control.

Mr. Hendrix said...

ha ha ha ha that is hilarious. i'm glad i don't have to wear shoes, but I do like chewing the laces! Because of the impending blurpy thing mommy's feet are getting huge so that means shoe shopping. Mommy is excited about it, I just hope she buys me some new treats while she is out...

Hey, how is it working out with the little war god? Man, for a woofie he is a little bit cute. Have you whapped him into shape yet?

Bone said...

So women shoemate and we get to pee while standing.

Sounds like an even trade to me.

Pedro said...

Zeus,

My mom said she'd shoemate over a pair of Danskos any day. She has two pairs and they are her favorite shoes. She bought a new replacement black pair this winter, same size as always and they're very tight! So she's still wearing the stinky old scratched up old ones...

Pedro

Cliff and Olivia said...

We've never heard of this and when we asked the humans they were clueless too (nothing new there). But we'd love to shoemate with you.