Monday, April 06, 2009

The dreaded day has arrived

As the sun rose in the east, she quickly stole out the door. In her hands, she carried an empty crate, but I could tell she had filled it with nice, soft things including a somewhat freaky heartbeat pillow. Upon closer inspection, I was shocked to see my favorite blanket made by DK placed inside! Oh, the nerve of that woman.

She grabbed some bottled water, granola bars, fruit, and sandwiches and placed them into a medium-sized tote. She reviewed over her directions, checking them twice. I knew just by looking at her that she was becoming nervous, but I didn't really have any sympathy for her.

Yesterday, she bought me catnip buds, a new feather wand, and a new scratching post. She even secured new food bowls for both Isis and I so we wouldn't need to share food anymore. I simply was not fooled. I knew it was only a mere ploy to try to get Isis and I happy, to win our hearts over to her evil ways.

I hope you get lost on the way to that puppy, human pet. I hope you never find him. I hope your TomTom lies to you. I hope you turn around in frustration. I hope you cry.

I hope a lot of things, but mostly, I'm hoping you don't bring him back here.

20 comments:

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

She took your favourite blanket? Apart from the puppy, that has to be the ultimate betrayal.

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Sadly those TomToms tend to be very efficient. Be brave, Zeus! Be strong!

Your Friends,
Tom and Tama-Chan

Parker said...

YOUR blanket?!?
That's just wrong...

Tuck said...

She stole your blanket for the dog??? That is just evil. Zeus, I feel for you man.

Pinky Ash and Boo said...

Your blanket was in the crate? We're so sorry Zeus.

Cory said...

Oh...your blanket...that's just so awful. The only good that can come of it is that it smells like you so from the moment that introoder puts his paws in that crate, he'll know you are boss.

The Creek Cats said...

So sorry Zeus!

The Meezers or Billy said...

oh Zeus, we are so very sorry. Woofies can be very stress inducing. Billy just LOVES dogs. more than us. - Miles

Gemini and Ichiro said...

What? YOUR Blanket? That is so not fair.

momsbusy said...

we cant believe she took your blanket. there is no amount (ok, maybe a squillion tons) of catnip or treats that will ever make up for that major indiscretion on her part.

y2k

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

So the dreaded bay has come! And to use your blanket! teh nerve!

The Crew said...

And so it begins. A feather wand, new bowls...just bribes so she could steal your blanket and give it to the interloper!! I'm telling you Zeus, you need to take control the second that puppy sets paw in your house. If you don't, you'll regret it.

George

Max said...

Start pooping on stuff NOW. taking your blanket...that was just mean. I mean, a puppy is bad enough, but tog get its cooties on YOUR stuff? Oh man. POOP!

Shaggy and Scout said...

Oh oh. Today's the day, huh?
We, too, are shocked to read the crate contained YOUR blankie! And what's with all the food? Is it a major expedition to fetch a doggie? HA....Fetch a Doggie....we crack ourselves up! (Seriously, our mom freaks out when she has to go someplace new, so food for the journey makes perfect sense.)

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Oh, no ... A WOOFIE? Zeus ... That's pretty bad. Are you an' Isis hatching a diabolical plan?
DMM

Pedro said...

Zeus,

You sound so distressed! I hope it doesn't turn out to be as bad as you're anticipating. I'll be thinking about you and, sorry, but I can't wait to see pictures of the puppy!

Pedro

Ayatollah Mugsy said...

I urge you to give the puppy a chance, Zeus. With the proper religious guidance, it might not be so bad.

By the way, have you ever tried catnip-flavored bubbles? A cat-owning friend recently introduced Wendell to them, and he enjoyed chasing them around and eating them. But it just seemed wrong to me. The bubbles are available at PetSmart.

Quill and Greyson said...

uh-oh it's on!

I had a dog once Zeus and she never bothered me at all.

Pink Chihuahua Princess said...

Oh Zeus. We understand. Why, we'd probably become very violent if mom or dad brought a K-A-T in here. We'd probably throw K-A-T litter in her eyes!

Of course, Zeus, we love you even though you aren't a chihuahua.

The Meezers or Billy said...

is it there yet? are you still alive? we're playing your song today at our place. come on ofur!