Friday, May 18, 2007

Where's my tuxedo? And my shiny shoes? We're having a ball!

It's that magical time of the year again! It's time to ready the invitations, buy the ball gowns, and polish the statuettes! It's time for...



What? You're not familiar with the Legends Ball? I suggest you read up on the subject here.

The Legends Ball was started as a way to honor people, felines, and canines who are doing something to make a difference in the world. We all know of someone special who does terrific things day-in and day-out, and sometimes, we may not tell them just how wonderful we think they are. This is your chance!

Leave the name and link of the person you are nominating to have included in our celebration. Please also make sure to state in the comments why you nominated this person so that this information can be included as well. Those nominated will have a brief write-up concerning their contributions as well as receive the highly coveted "My Legendary Story" button for their blogs.


You have until Tuesday, May 22, to nominate someone! Please only ONE nomination per blogger!

9 comments:

The Meezers or Billy said...

oh oh oh!! we nominate Maw, the human pet at Forty paws http://fortypaws.blogspot.com/ - she has werked to get laws passed against animal cruelty in Texas.

Kukka-Maria said...

I whining for treats, sleeping 18 hours/day and licking your nether-regions award-worthy?

I'm just sayin'...

Parker said...

Mommy is going to a ball tonight! I talked about it in my post today. There sure are a lot of balls going on right now - I wish I could play with one! I have to think about who to nominate 'cause there are so many wonderful people and kitties to choose from.

Bobkat said...

Great idea! I nominate CrazieQueen at http://craziequeen.blogspot.com/ who is doing the 'Race for Life' for Cancer Research this year. She is also the human pet to Pandora and Charlie whom she rescued as a kitten.

=^..^= said...

Yaaay! Another Legends Ball!

I nominate Auntie P for her fostering work in Singapore. Her blog is at http://fostercat.blogspot.com/

~5-Cat Style

Parker said...

I'm with the Meezers on this one, I think Maw from Forty Paws - she's a great kitty Maw and she takes action for cats when needed! She even is nice to possums!

PrincessMia said...

I nominate DKM for her continuos efforts to raise funds for charity including the SF Aids Hop with Fiona Bun, spreading the love with Sophia and Secret Paws.

Zeus said...

All of these were fantastic nominations! The post is coming later on today so keep an eye out for it! Thanks for making this such a great success.

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Yes, Maw at forty paws! She takes care of ten speshul poodins and works to get laws against hurting pets! Go Maw!