Thursday, April 20, 2006

Feline words I have forgotten I knew

Hello again, dearest feline friends and upright human pets!

I cannot believe I was tagged by Victor, and we do not mean with the microchip inserted underneath the skin of the nape of the neck! There has been a post flittering around the cat blogging community started by the infamous Derby in which fellow felines had to state their five most precious words for items, people, places, etc.

So since I am new to the blogging feline community, I had Isis do a little research for me:


Clearly, she didn't know how to read since she went to the shelf with the humanip. And that's when it hit me!

Humanip [hyu-mi-nip] noun, Etymology: Combination of the Middle English humain with the Middle English nippen: Def. These boxes with some shiny circular object inside them which are stuck into a slim black box that has "P-L-A-Y-S-T-A-T-I-O-N" on it. Humanip entertains the homo sapiens for hours and hours on end.

So I came up with one word. I felt pleased. Four more to go.

Then I saw my human pet use the litter-bowl, and I thought to myself, "Yureka!"

Litter-bowl [li-t&r-bOl] noun,Etymology: Middle English to Middle French litiere combined with Middle English bolle: Def. The white porcelain god that homo sapiens worship as much as we do our own litter boxes. It is typically filled with water that swirls around when a special metal handle is pulled. You left the seat to the litter-bowl up again!

I was on a roll now! Surely, I could find three more! I decided to stretch out so I could think of more words:


And sure as my fur is golden, I thought of another, but this time, it was a phrase:

Indoor thunder [in-dOr th&n-d&r] noun, Etymology: Middle English thoner with the addition of the word indoor: Def. The noise made from my human pet's future mate when he sleeps. Hide! It's indoor thunder coming from the couch!

Other than these, dear feline friends, I have found the words scritches and poodins since joining this community to be my personal new favorites! I do apologize in advance for having lost so much of mother tongue, but you know how it is when you become immersed in a foreign culture. You simply adapt: When in Rome...

I suppose I am to tag other people now so let me see:

It's your turn now, my feline friends!

Sincerely,

7 comments:

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

We's gonna have to tink real hard on this one Zeus!

'Course my very favorite is poodin!

It's my Momma Momma's birthday today -- we're havin' a special party for her over at her house.My Momma has been goin' around actin' all silly and buzy. I am not gettin' my poodin time!

*ABBY(the minature manx)

Kukka-Maria said...

Great words! Once again, I marvel at the breadth of your knowledge.

Just think: I can teach you about juggling admirers, dodging paparazzi and keeping your name out of the tabloids and, clearly, you can teach me about linguistics! Quite the partnership!

I love Greek deities who are also brainiacs...

Ivan from WMD said...

Zeus, you are god of the words!

The Meezers or Billy said...

Zeus, you are furry furry smart!

Shaggy and Scout said...

Neat job Zeus!

Spock said...

I likes your words Zeus!

Aloysius said...

You're very clever! This is right up my alley, so to speak. I am going to quote some of your new words on Catymology.