Tuesday, April 18, 2006

10 reasons why I'm named Zeus...

10. Just like Zeus had many tales woven about him in Theogony, The Creation of Man by Prometheus, and Homer's Iliad, I have my own epic story in this blog!

9. I have sharp claws which resemble thunderbolts.

8. I cause small thunderstorms when I snore.

7. I too struggle against Titans: mosquito hawks, beetles, and cockroaches.

6. I too look regal and imposing just like Zeus.

5. "Zeus" comes from the Greek word, dios, meaning "bright", and well, I think you can tell from the pictures that my fur shimmers!

4. Zeus was also called "Soter" meaning savior, and my human pet thinks I am when she is sad and needs a hug.

3. Besides deities, Zeus fathered plenty of mortals. I have my human pet so I could be accused of "fathering".

2. My human pet couldn't have named me Isis because I am not female.

1. I am the supreme ruler of my house, my personal "Mount Olympuss".

9 comments:

The Meezers or Billy said...

Wouldn't that be Mt. Olympuss? - "Gramma Trixie"

Zeus said...

I stand corrected! I shall edit it right now!

Shaggy and Scout said...

Zeus...you da man! Er....Cat...you know what I mean! -shaggy

Fat Eric said...

Hey Zeus. Thanks for visiting my blog. It is always nice to meet another blogging ginger kitty, especially one as imperial as yourself. Would you mind if I added your link to my page? And have you considered joining the Gorgeous Gingers? (see my page for the link)

Zeus said...

Hello Fat Eric and thank you for visiting! I do not mind at all, and I will gladly add yours to my listing as well. I will put in my application for the club right away!

Victor Tabbycat said...

Gee, between Bombay and you, we seem to have quite the royalty. You *do* shimmer. I like your catitude. I am compared to thunder as well, for my fierce growls and sizzling hisses.

(and her snoring, too - Victor)

Zeus said...

Maybe you are really Athena and not Bonnie... ;)

The Fluffy Tribe said...

You go oh mighty Zeus, heehee ~Merlin, Shadow, Ko Ko

Kukka-Maria said...

I thought you may have been named Zeus after the token Tomcat stripper who performs down at the "Pussy Palace."

I guess I was wrong...shoot!