Monday, February 05, 2007

Peace at last

Dear Mr. Peyton Manning,

Thank you so much for defeating the Chicago Bears in Super Bowl XLI! You will never know how your sheer tenacity, professionalism, and overall determination aided me in bringing peace to my household. I admit: I was a little worried when Devin Hester returned the opening kick-off for a touchdown, but I only had to remember that you knew how to "cut the meat" and that Rex Grossman was the Bears' quarterback.

My human pet said I should be sending this to Mr. Grossman and not you, but I didn't think that was quite right when I had asked you first. She also said that he should be the Indianapolis Colts' SuperBowl MVP, but I didn't think that was right either considering he doesn't play for your team. She's an odd one, my pet.

I have included a photo of what your win has done for my pet and myself. We have finally reached a truce, and I hope that this time, it lasts for longer than a week.




I will always remember this great gift, Mr. Manning, and I will cherish it for a long time to come. Thank you once again, and I wish you a very restful off-season.

Sincerely,

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at that adorable photo! It melts my heart!

Roxie, Sammy, Andy and Shermie said...

Hurrah for Zeus! Oh ... for Mr. Peyton Manning. Oh well, who cares? Where's breakfast?

Roxie, Sammy & Andy

Bill C said...

So... you're saying Rex Grossman should be the Colts' Superbowl MVP?

That's really harsh, man. Hilarious, but harsh.

The Crew said...

How wonderful that a third party was responsible for healing the rift between you and your Pet. Most importantly, though, you didn't have to compromise your position or lose face!

The Meezers or Billy said...

my mommy says "Oh Zeusie, look at your face! You haf so much love for your pet, and she loves you too!"

Anonymous said...

That's a lovely photo Zeus. It looks like all is forgiven. However I'm with the dachsies--where's breakfast?!

Daisy said...

Ohhh, sweet kissies Zeus! I'm glad you made up with yer pet. I am glad the horsies won too.

Kukka-Maria said...

Careful, Zeus...I hear she is known for slipping you the tongue when you're not looking.

It's probably just a rumor... ;)

Just Ducky said...

Glad you and your mum are back on good terms with each other.

Anonymous said...

Hey Zeus, if you like to be pampered, check out this ebook: Pamper Your Cat - 100 Recipes For Your Feline Friend!

Lone Star Purrs said...

Owr Momma and Grampie were NOT furry happy about the outcome of the game! They wuz cheering fur Da Bears! That is a furry cute pic-shur.
::purrs::
~Meeko, Kiara, & Emmy

The M's said...

That photo would make a great Valentine photo, if you wanted to make a valentine for your pet, Zeus.

Bone said...

I have to agree with the human, Zeus. It looked like Rex was definitely the best player the Colts had.

By the way, I was wondering if you knew about Puppy Bowl III and the kitty halftime show :)

Sparky Duck said...

Yea Rex was as good as we thought he was