Thirteen Famous Cats in History
- Muezza was Mohammed's favorite cat. It is said that when Mohammed was called to prayer one day, he found Muezza sleeping on his robes. Rather than disturb the feline, he ripped the sleeve off to allow the cat to sleep in peace.
- Kaspar is a black cat found at The Savoy Hotel in London. Should you book a party of thirteen at their restaurant, expect Kaspar to join you so you have no bad luck!
- Mr. Peebles may be the world's smallest cat. Currently living in Illinois, he weighs only three pounds!
- Hellcat and Brownie inherited $415,000 from their deceased owner, Dr. William Grier of San Diego, CA, in the 1960s. Today, the descendents of the two felines are worth over $2 million dollars.
- Andy fell from a window on the 16th floor of a hotel and lived to tell about it. As a result, he has the world's longest non-lethal fall in history.
- In 1996, Scarlett and her five kittens were trapped inside of a burning building in Brooklyn, New York. However, Scarlett saved all five of them by carrying all of the youngsters to safety.
- Earlier this year, Tommy recognized that his owner was in need of help when the man fell out of his wheelchair. Tommy quickly dialed 9-1-1, and authorities came to help.
- Chyna had carried to term still-born kittens. However, when Valley Pet Association in Pittsburgh, PA, came across 25 kittens that had been abadoned, Chyna quickly filled in and took care of each and every last little one as only a mother can.
- Humphrey the Cat served as the black and white mascot of the British Prime Minister's residence, No. 10 Downing Street for eight years.
- Faith was the first cat to ever receive decorations for courage as a result of her bravery during an air raid in London in September, 1940.
- Catarina was the feline of Edgar Allan Poe. She is believed to be the inspiration behind his story, The Black Cat.
- Dusty is believed to hold the record for delivering the most kittens in a lifetime: 420.
- Dolores woke her owner up when she realized the house was on fire. She was the recipient of the American Humane Association's national William O. Stillman Award for bravery.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens:
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!