Thirteen Ways To Celebrate Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
1. Have your children work on an Internet scavenger hunt focusing on Dr. King.
3. Let your tastebuds discover the joy of "soul food" and traditional cuisine with some African-American food and recipes.
4. Here's a fun word search with vocabulary concerning Dr. King.
5. Discover what your children think is a hero with a quick survey and discuss with them a hero's attributes.
6. Take a short quiz to see how much history you know concerning Dr. King.
8. Learn how Dr. King's holiday came into being with this chronology.
10. Learn ten ways to teach tolerance.
12. Send a free greeting card to friends and family.
13. Perform an act of service for someone in your community.