1. She was born on September 10, 1978.
2. She was born at 10:00 a.m.
3. She weighed 10 lbs. and 10 oz.
4. She was a month early unfortunately, or it would have been all 10's!
5. She does not have a middle name.
6. She never went to kindergarten.
7. She started playing softball when she was six years old.
8. She played softball until she graduated from high school.
9. She was the first girl ever to play basketball at her Catholic grade school.
10. She played from fourth to eighth grade.
11. The school has a sign in their gym in her honor. They now have several girls' team.
12. She knows how to cross-stitch.
13. She would sit down with her Grandma Vern and cross-stitch whenever she visited her.
14. In seventh grade, she had wanted to see the New Kids on the Block concert. Her father had said that he would not pay for it. She went out and signed up for a job as a newspaper delivery girl, saved her money, and went to the concert anyhow.
15. Unfortunately for her, her father didn't let her quit her job so she ended up delivering newspapers for three more years.
16. Her first cup of coffee was the first day of eighth grade. She couldn't stand the taste so she had it with six chocolate chip cookies.
17. She participated in the Miss Junior Miss pageant when she was a junior in high school.
18. She ended up winning third place - the first person from her high school ever to place in the pageant.
19. Her talent for the pageant had been dramatic reading. Her family still teases her about it. She tells them if she had been able to shoot hoops, she would have gotten first!
20. When she turned 15, she became a busgirl at J. W. Hall's Restaurant, the fanciest restaurant in town! She worked there until she attended college.
21. She never went to any of her formals because her dad had told her she was not allowed to ask a boy. Of course, it didn't help that no one had asked her to go either.
23. She performed spoken word every Thursday night at a local coffeeshoppe called The Bridge Street Inn.
24. She attended college at Indiana University of Pennsylvania.
25. She was accepted into the very first class of the Robert E. Cook Honors' College.
26. When her first boyfriend in college went to Oregon for the summer, she dyed her hair black, thinking that it would wash out. Oh, how wrong she was.
27. She had ACL reconstructive surgery when she was 16.
28. One day, she will get to see where family came from by visiting Naples, Italy.