Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Running for a cure

There's something to be said for the power of the Internet. Three years ago, no one knew who I was. I was just minding my own business, living out my life on the couch, watching a bland array of reality television shows and wondering if I would ever be able to become a contestant on Survivor. Thanks to this adventure known as blogging, I have a life outside of my house, and I have real friends...even if we connect through the Ethernet cable.

And now, one of my many friends needs my help.

Jeff Patyk has been an avid reader of The Zeus Excuse for some time. He's a true stand-up guy, and I can say that as an envious sufferer of quadrupedalism. At present, Jeff is training for the Marine Corps Marathon in Washington, D.C. on October 25, 2009 where his efforts will be rewarded by raising money for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. As a special honor, he will be running on behalf of the human pet's cousin, Kevin.

Please help us at The Zeus Excuse return the favor by passing this post along to others you know. Submit a donation on Jeff's website if at all possible. Jeff's goal is $1800, and he is currently at $700. No one need tell us how tight money is, but as the infamous homo sapien saying goes, "Every little bit counts". I am sure with our combined efforts we can help him accomplish his goal and so much more.

Thank you to Jeff and all of the great people in the Washington, D.C. area for their hard work in helping to stamp out my number one Litter List offender: cancer. Great change is possible. Just look at what the Internet did for my social life!

7 comments:

The Meezers or Billy said...

we will try and help out!

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

What a post!

I mean, save fur the 'khat' aspekht, I khould have pawed this fur my mom and me!

We'll head on over to visit - Mom's bestest pal in the world (besides me) lost his dad to that ugly cancer...

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Mishkat said...

Hooray for Jeff - what a great thing to do! We have a friend who does that marathon every year to help charity - we think it's a wonderful idea!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Now to get into the Woman's paypal account...

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

This is a great cause. Cancer is the most ugly thing in the world. It does not care how young or old it;s victims are!

Jans Funny Farm said...

We'll try to remember to link to you when we post today.

The Kitty Krew said...

It's a great cause, good for him to do the marathon. We just made a little donation on his site.

Purrs and hugs,
The Kitty Krew