Wednesday, July 04, 2007

www.zeus.com

When your human pet has blessed you with a name such as "Zeus", you begin to ask yourself some important questions such as...

Why, God, why?

Am I going to be the last one picked for a team for kitty dodge ball?

Why does my pet hate me so much as to give me a name that begins with the last letter of the alphabet?

Why can't people just type it right the first time?

Why am I getting kicked out of the bed when I have a god's name which should grant me privilege and honor?

Why, God, why?

And then when you're through questioning, you wonder if there is anyone else running around with a name like your's. Is it possible that perhaps others share this burden of being mistaken for throwing thunderbolts out of the heavens and fathering many powerful children with gods and mortals alike?

And that's perhaps when you decide to Google your name just to find out. Curiosity killed the...well, you know the rest. Sometimes, I wish I just knew when to say when.

There's Zeus Technology offering advanced traffic management. Fantastic: I'm associated with blinking yellow lights on country roads in the middle of nowhere. Yes, that's just what I always wanted.

Then there's The Zeus Experiment. Apparently, 450 physicists decided to get together and throw a party as they watched particle reactions in Hamburg, Germany. Seeing my being associated with such a thing made me want to have a particle reaction of my own.

Oh, and my personal favorite: Zeus Industrial Products. From extruded tubing to nylon tubing, they can handle all your tubing needs! Let's just get one thing straight right now: There's nothing COOL about being associated with fluoropolymer tubing and heat shrink!

Why can't all the Zeuses (Or is it Zeusi?) unite and have a cool website like the Erics of this world?

I'm putting in for a name change immediately. Any suggestions?

9 comments:

Parker said...

Zeus - you're the best Zeus out there, past or present! Be happy with your name!

Anonymous said...

I like your name sorry,Have a Happy and safe 4th Of July :)

Anonymous said...

You could have a name like Cheysuli--I mean really.

Kimo and Sabi said...

Maybe you should start yer own club! Happy 4th!

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

It could be worse, Zeus ... You could be named Sparky Fuzzypants.

Happy Fourth of July!
DMM

K T Cat said...

Extruded nylon tubing? That is so totally cool!

Shilgiah the Cat said...

Daisymae is right...it could be worse.

Having a name with the last letter of the alphabet means if you ever had to go to kitty school and they were taking attendance, you could sleep late and get there right when they called the "Y" kitties like...um..."Yonkle".

lordjaders said...

With a name like Zeus, you automatically go to the tough ManCat list. If yourrr name was differrrent like Mr. Snuggle Fluffy Bunny --you'd be in trrrouble.

Bone said...

Zeusi. lol Good one.