Seeing as though I do not get out of The House very often, the human pet was kind enough to do some research for me concerning why animals are given up by their owners and sent to the SPCA. I suspect that some of these reasons are the same for The Humane Society. Nonetheless, I think it's important to remind myself (and all of you out there) why this organization needs our help.
(Originally posted as 10 "Reasons" Why Animals Go To The SPCA)
10. The animal is too energetic.
9. The animal is not energetic enough.
8. Unwanted gift
7. Too many pets already at home.
6. Pet restrictions at previous owner's location.
5. Owner has passed away.
4. Unsold kittens or puppies from large litters.
3. Animal has a high prey drive.
2. Animal in question does not get along with children.
1. Cruelty surrender
Research compiled by the human pet who visited the SPCA here in Houston on Tuesday, July 11, 2006.
Want to make a donation to support my Blogathon efforts? Click here! Total as of 8:30 am is $235.00! Thank you to all who have donated!