Sunday, April 09, 2006

Hello and Welcome!

Greetings and salutations feline friends and upright humans,

As some of you may or may not know, I am one of those felis domesticus, a rare and cherished "pet" to our upright human friends. I put the word, "pet", in quotes since this is but a mere misconception by homo sapiens for it is our clan of four-legged purring wonders which actually rule the house. Every Siamese, Persian, and Tabby knows this to be true, but our humans remain ever in bliss of the topsy-turvy nature of our relationship.

Let me tell you a bit about myself. I came into this beautiful world on January 1, 2001 as a bouncing American Classic Tabby, looking quite similar to that old rascal known as Morris the Cat. I know that is odd, being a newborn kitten on New Year's Day, but I relish in my uniqueness. I was only a pound or two, and right away, the women of that rescue shelter (its name eludes me now) believed I was "broken". You see, I was quite the happy, go-lucky little one, and I purred all the time. Even now, I remain pleasant-natured, purring at just about anything. I suppose one could say I never grew out of my fascination with this world.

As I have been so easily fascinated by new things, I have grown to enjoy sitting on a chair next to my owner, observing as she blogs away on the computer. This has prompted me to start my own weblog as I am sure there are many feline friends out there who long to have advice, humor, and joy spread their way. Of course, I am equally certain that there are upright human friends of ours who do not always understand our modus operandis, and I could help in this regard, perhaps even breaking a stereotype or two along the way.

It shall be hard work to accomplish this task, but I shall endeavor fearlessly. You shall have to excuse me for now, though, as it is time for what my Mexican Hairless Felines would call a siesta.


Sincerely,

No comments: