Thursday, September 02, 2010

Lions and tigers and dyed dogs, oh my!

Yes, that's really a dog. I promise.
[Photo from Bayou 95.7]

Dog owners in China are now dyeing their dogs to turn them into tigers, pandas, and even turtles. Owners say the pets love their new looks because they receive "tons of love and attention" as a result. Experts claim, however, that the dyes can possibly be fatal to the canines, and regulation is needed as a result.

Note to human pet:
I would like to be dyed so I resemble a panther (because I'm worth it...or so I keep hearing from the tv). I have never been quite fond of my golden fur. Besides, black is slimming so this could do wonders for my self-esteem. Please arrange a flight to China stat!

7 comments:

Gemini and Ichiro said...

It might be me, but I find this dog just a little bit scary.

SeaThreePeeO said...

Nowt odd as folk, really.

Angel Simba said...

Kindof cool, but not if the dyes could be toxic.

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

EvFUR since I saw this story, I've been trying to decide which khritter I'd want to be......NOT!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

We would not want to see you harmed by the dyes. Besides you are a handsome Golden Mancat!

Lorenza said...

I am not so sure I'd like to be dyed!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Anonymous said...

jhghgfkhjgjghffjh