Monday, January 22, 2007

The loss of my muse

Description would but tire my Muse:
In short, they both were turned to yews.

Jonathan Swift

I would like to introduce you to my muse, Le Bones.

Why, you ask, does she have such a ghastly name and yet has been bestowed an honor befitting a goddess?

A-hem. Because she is a goddess.

Well, at least to me she is.

It was early April of last year. Le Bones and my human pet were discussing my pet's latest project: blogging. My pet, though, was not comfortable displaying her world to others via the Wide World of Web. Was it possible to have a blog that did not involve such an intimacy of details?

Le Bones recognized the problem, and with a snap of her fingers and a smile on her face, she exclaimed those infamous words of destiny: Why not Zeus? Why not have a blog about Zeus?

When they approached me with the idea, I was immediately enamored with the concept. I was going to be original, witty, and captivating. A true marvel of the literary world...

Until I discovered there were over 50 to 100 other felines out there who also had my original idea.

That didn't stop Le Bones, my pet, or I. We plotted and schemed our way into the tellings of my everyday life. Ideas never seemed lacking when it came to Le Bones. She could find the most interesting spins concerning the common and mundane events of my existence. A truer friend one could not hope to find.

But now, my muse is gone. She has risen to her personal Mount Olympus, a place known only in myth and legend as New Hampshire. If I could have, I would have tucked myself into the back of her car and gone with her on this journey; however, I don't know if I could left my pet behind with only my mentally-ill sister for company.

I will not say good-bye, Le Bones, for I know you watch over me still. Your divine inspiration will simply take the form of emails, letters, phone calls, and text messages, and we shall call you Digital Muse.

I wish you well, Le Bones. Thank you for the gift of being you.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Zeus, tell your human pet that I am sorry that your muse has moved away. It's always hard when someone leaves a hole in your life. Thank goodness we live in an age where communication and travel are so much easier!

Anonymous said...

Could be worse; could be Vermont.

Ha-ha I am kidding of course. No disrespect intended for any Vermontians, living or dead. Although I will say my mind is now almost out of control and "riffing" on "Vermont," forming semi-related words like vermicelli, vermin... erm. Sorry.

Also sorry about the muse relo. Always a tough thing when humans put (or find) themselves in a different ripple of the space-time continuum.

Looking forward to your blogulous future with the Digital Muse!

Anonymous said...

I wish I could get a muse.

Anonymous said...

Is she related to Krayzie Bone, Layzie Bone, Wish Bone, and Bizzy Bone from Bone Thugs-N-Harmony?

I'm just asking...

Renee Nefe said...

I'm so sorry your friend is moving away. But she isn't really gone unless of course she's moving someplace w/o an internet connection.
You'll keep in touch and I'm sure she'll be checking into your blog to keep up with your life.

hugs

Anonymous said...

Awww Zeus I am sorry to learn your friend is moving away. I am sure she will be back for visits.

Abby

Shaggy and Scout said...

Wew are thankful for Ms. Muse Bones because of her we got to meet YOU! Hopefully she will come visit again soon!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a muse indeed! I bet you'll miss her a lot but the good thing about the Internet is that you're never really that far away.

Latte

Pink Chihuahua Princess said...

Digital Muse, I like it.

Anonymous said...

At least technology will make it easier to keep in touch. We all owe Le Bones our gratitude because without her, there would have been no Zeus Excuse.

Anonymous said...

You chose a really good photo. Did you take that?

Anonymous said...

Zeus, I understand the loss of your creative force, look at the idiots behind new coke. However, I do think you need to get out more, since new Hampshire is no Valhalla :)

Justin said...

hey, its bad that your friend is moving away. But wat about the internet connection there?? Aren't they have a net there?

Anonymous said...

We're sorry you're losing your muse. New Hamster is nice, although cold in the winter.
Tell your muse good bbq does exist here, but you need to look hard for it.