Thursday, June 01, 2006

Carry me back to old Virginny

Hello again, everybody!

As if there was any doubt, I came home and fell asleep as soon as I got inside The House. The human pet tried asking me questions about what Princess Mia and I had done together, but I simply was not in the mood. I took my usual position on the top of the couch in the living room, and as soon as my head hit the back of the cushions, I was out like a candle in a windstorm.

This morning, when I woke up, I saw the human pet in the dining room going through yesterday's mail. I tilted my head to the side and looked up at her and eyed her suspiciously. She had scooted herself away in the opposite direction as soon as she saw my head poke around the corner of the kitchen counter! I stealthily crept towards her and rubbed against her leg, positioning myself for an ambush. As luck would have it (or as dumb human pet investments go), the dining room table is made of glass, and thereby SEE-THROUGH. It did not hinder me in finding out that yes, yes indeed...I received my second postcard!

I jumped on the human pet's lap and wriggled my wide girth in between the dining room table and her body.

"Zeus, stop it! Zeus, grrr....honestly! What is your problem?"

I quickly turned around, snatched the postcard from her hand, and ran to a safe, hidden spot in the garage. After all, it was mine, and I had every right to do what I wanted with it!


It read:

Front:
Virginia Wildlife

Back:
Dear Zeus (insert smiley face here),

I can't wait to get my gopher (insert another smiley face here)!!

Now, if I had not just sent out a gopher to my good friend, Oreo, I would probably have had to sit down and ponder this secret message. However, I know now where I am going tomorrow, and my fur is standing on end! Phil and I spoke shortly after my having read this and said that tomorrow, Oreo and I will be seeing stars.

I have no idea what that means, but I do not care! I'm going to VIRGINIA!

Hope you're ready for a good time tomorrow, Oreo! I cannot wait to meet you!

12 comments:

Spock said...

Oh Oh Oh!!! I can't wait!!!

The Crew said...

Perhaps you should inform her it's illegal to mess with someone elses mail and she'll be looking at jail time if she does it again!

We're having a hard time finding postcards. (Mom wonders if they stopped selling them here) Is it OK if we send you a regular card?

PrincessMia said...

So very exciting! Be careful out there Zues!

The Meezers or Billy said...

how exciting!!!!!

Zeus said...

Whatever you would like to do, Crew, is fine by me! I'm not picky! Be as creative as you want!

Katiez Furry Mewz said...

Whatz da gopher thingy???

Iz it a stuffied sumtin???

I'm gonna ask mommi if we can sendz postiez too.

Dat sounds wike wotz uv fun. I gotz stuffied animalz i can share.

our email addy is laugh_safely@yahoo.com.

if u write den we'll send youze a mail addy.... otay?

bye bye.
=^..^=

Katiez Furry Mewz said...

whehr didja get da cat clockie?

i wike dat n wanna put it on my bloggie.

tank u.

=^..^=

Gigolo Kitty said...

Zeus, you sure travel a lot! Poor GK complains that everyone is too busy to take him around. Then we point out to him that we all have to work double shifts to keep him in the luxury to which he is accustomed and then he shuts up.

Maggie, Molly & Lucy Too said...

ohhh ohhh ohhh I'm in Virginia too. I hope you will come see me soon. Your post card is in the mail
Love
Maggie

Anonymous said...

sneaky Zeus :D btw, just lettin you know that i'd mailed the postcard on monday. you could receive it anytime now - average of 3 days by airmail.

Kukka-Maria said...

You are bringing it--Zeus style! What an exciting adventure!!

Hey! Has Phil said anything to you about having a secret crush on The Empress? I've been hearing rumors...

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Zeus

The travelin' man is on the road again! Pretty soon you'll be singing Willie Nelson songs!

*ABBY

HAPPY TRAILS!